Cycle Hire Terms and Conditions
Bicycle Hire Terms and Conditions
- The Bicycle let out on hire, including all accessories and attachments supplied herewith (“the Bicycle”) remains the property of Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (“the Owner”), and the Hirer will not sell, hire out, lend or otherwise part with possession thereof. Those under the age of 18 can hire a bike only when accompanied by an adult. Bicycle hire includes helmets, a lock, pump and puncture repair kit. Bicycles can only be hired when the Hirer wears a helmet (hired or personal) and is issued with a security lock.
Electric bikes can only be used by those over the age of 18.
Electric and mountain bikes will only be hired out to those users who self-declare that they are regular and advanced cyclists.
- The Hirer acknowledges and agrees that in order to hire any bike, a Valid Photo ID must be presented and left in a safe locker as a safety deposit. Deposited ID may be retrieved once the hire period has ended and the bicycle(s), with all accessories, have been returned to the place specified on the hire agreement as signed by The Hirer, in the same condition as received (See section 6). Photo ID must be within date and must clearly display the Hirer’s full details (Valid Passport / Driver’s licence etc.) as well as a recognisable photo.
- The Hirer acknowledges and agrees that the Bicycle is in good condition in all respects and undertakes not to misuse it, to abide by the highway code at all times, and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as when received (ordinary wear and tear excepted) to the place and on the due date and time specified on the hire agreement as signed by the Hirer. The period of hire commences at the time of collection and is deemed to continue until the bicycle is received by the Owner. No refunds will be given in the event of bad weather or early returns.
- The Hirer will ensure the Bicycle is adequately secured to an immovable object when not in use and will not use the Bicycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The hirer will notify the owner at the earliest convenience of any loss or breakdown to the Bicycle, including those reasonably repairable by the Hirer. These should be reported to the Owner upon the return of the Bicycle at the latest.
- The Owner shall be entitled to charge the Hirer for the full cost of all damage caused to the Bicycle during the period of hire. In the event of a breakdown, other than those of a type which the Hirer can reasonably be expected to repair with the supplied kit (for example a puncture or un-seated chain), or as a result of the Hirer’s misuse of the Bicycle, the Owner will use its best endeavours to repair or provide an alternative bicycle.
- The Owner shall not be liable for any damage caused or loss made whatsoever by breakdown or other defects in the Bicycle or other circumstances beyond the Owners control. The Hirer shall indemnify the Owner in respect of all costs, claims, expenses, and demands which it may suffer or incur, and which arise directly or indirectly out of the use of the Bicycle during the period of hire.
All hire charges under this agreement are due for payment in full prior to the commencement of the hire period.
Hire period – calculated in Half Day (three hours), and Full Day (Visitor Centre opening hours) periods. Hired items must be returned before visitor centre closing times (4pm from November to February inclusive). Please note late returns charge.
The maximum charges for non-return or damage arising from the hire of bicycles are incurred at the Hirers own risk:
Late returns £10 per bike per hour
Locks & Pumps £40
Bags & repair kits £100
Child bikes £600
Trail bikes £700
Mountain Bikes £800
In the event of damage arising from the hire of bicycles, caused by dangerous cycling, loss of control or negligence, the Owner reserves the right to call upon the Hirer to indemnify the Owner the repair value of the damage caused, or in the event of non-return, the replacement value of the Bicycle. The Owner will obtain a quotation for the repair or replacement and issue an invoice for the cost of repair or replacement, payable within 30 days.
In the event of the Bicycle being lost or stolen, should the Bicycle subsequently be recovered in a useable condition, the Owner undertakes to refund the Hirer’s indemnity in full within fourteen days.
The Hirer shall be solely responsible for and shall keep the Owner fully indemnified in respect of all fines, impositions or other penalties occasioned by the use of the Bicycle during the period of hire in respect of violation of any Acts of Parliament, Orders, Regulations or bye laws for the time being in force.
An optional damage waiver is chargeable at £5 per-bike, per-hire. This waiver shall cover the hirer of any cost of equipment repair as a result of accidental damage sustained during the hire period. Theft or loss of the bike, as well as any damage caused, including Third Party, by deliberate or reckless abuse, or incorrect adjustment of the bicycle by the hirer, shall not be covered by this waiver.
If the Hirer shall commit any breach of the terms of this agreement the Owner shall be entitled, but without prejudice, to any other rights or remedies which it may have to terminate the hire of the Bicycle, and recover possession thereof without notice, and to make reasonable charge for such repossession. No rights of the Owner under the agreement will be waived except in writing by a duly authorised member of staff. Any conditions or warranties not expressed, and which might be implied on the part of the Owner expect statutory warranties are excluded.