Elan Links – People to Collections
The purpose of this project is to protect, record and celebrate Elan Valley’s cultural heritage. This includes documents, memories, pictures and artefacts. The project will ensure that all pertinent heritage is assessed, archived and made accessible to benefit our different audiences and their appreciation of the area. Using volunteers and a programme of events, the project will record and present oral histories, photos and films to offer a picture of historic Elan Valley, agricultural practices and the links between Rhayader and Birmingham.
This project will achieve the following objectives:
- Develop an archiving strategy to be agreed by all partners to ensure that heritage items are safeguarded;
- Ensure that all pertinent heritage is assessed, archived online and made accessible to benefit our different audiences and their appreciation of Elan;
- Provide training for volunteers to learn and undertake a number of aspects of archiving, memory gathering and online collection logging;
- Implement an engaging programme of events, including; memory sharing, recording distinct cultural customs, contemporary life and activity;
- Develop online collections featuring some of the items from within the partner organisations respective collections.