Early Years & Key Stage 1 Activities
Choose from a range of activities which can be adapted to suit the requirements of an individual class (depending on the number of pupils).
It may also be possible to modify some of the Key Stage 2 activities for this age group.
Curriculum links: Sc1, Sc2, Sc3, G, H, E, W, A (depending on activities chosen)
- Find out about the Water Cycle and then visit a dam and reservoir to learn about water storage and supply
- Woodland or freshwater minibeast hunts (use of your own transport may be required for this activity)
- A nature walk in the woodland near the Visitor Centre, which will include several sensory activities
- A short walk to see the buildings in Elan Village, and to make comparisons with the village at the time the dams were built
- Learn about Victorian history, nature and the water supply in our hands-on exhibition